IDI Nekton 2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawk

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone here used this BC and if so do you like it or not? Rodales gave it a best buy rating, but first hand advise is usually the best.

It has taken me a while to actually want to post something after the introduction since I thought I should get caught up on reading the posts by others first. What a challenge!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. I love this place!

Later, Hawk.

I have been diving a Nekton 2000 for about 2 years.

Pros:

Extremely comfortable
Extremely Adjustable
Fits like a backpack...forces weight on to you hips and away from your shoulders making the trip to the water an easier experience.
Inflates away from your body...no squeeze.
Inexpensive..high quality.

Cons:
A pain to adjust the first time (lots of straps and adjustments to get the perfect fit. Once you adjust it correctly...your good to go. Not a lot of adjusting after that.)
Weight integration has limited support but velcro holds them in tight. Only a minus when actually putting on the BC...but something I don't like about it.
Not Nitrox ready (not a big deal me for me...not diving Nitrox)

Overall...I'm VERY happy with the Nekton. The Advantage is another story...You either love it or don't like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom