IDI Advantage Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too complicated and too many danglies. No support for the weight pockets! It just didn't work for me. I sold it and bought a Zeagle Scout and a weight belt. About half the price. (The guy that I sold the Advantage to loves it.)

I have heard great things about the Advantage from divers who like the adjustability. I just bought my wife one but it is untested in open water. She will try it in July in Bonaire.

I have a Nekton and Ballistic and agree with the integrated weight issue. Once you get use to this...it is a minor issue and the Nekton is an incredible BC. I am hoping that the Advantage proves to be the same.

If you do not like to adjust a BC...don't get an IDI. When you adjust it correctly ONCE...it is good to go from there...and they have the most comfortableBC on the market.

Many people have the issue as the person above...they don't want to adjust it...they want it to fit perfect and be comfortable "out of the box." That is fair...just not what you get with an IDI. The whole point is that you adjust it to YOUR body type...not a one size fits all "Medium" for example.

I love mine! I don't have the dangling weight problem the other people had though, because I dive in warm water, with a polypro suit, so I only carry 6 lbs....4 of that is in the tank pouches in back! I find it very comfortable and haven't had any of the balance problems I've heard of from back-inflate bc's.....that might change if I dive in cold water, add a wetsuit & 20 lbs of lead though!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom