Identify This Reg Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think after letting it soak, I'll take it apart. The lp seat sounds to be all that I would have to order. (Local hardware had a huge section of our rings). I'm pretty sure they would have the nut as well, although the insides look barely used.

Thanks guys, will update with more pictures as I go.

If it is a puck seat you can flip it and use the other side (providing it was not already flipped).

Edit: You will also need to lubricate the o-rings . So you will need some lube. If you are just using air then a Dow 111 will be fine. If you are using nitrox then you will want some O2 safe lube. Your LDS should have some or you could buy it online.

Last edited:
I am fond of IDI regs, in particular their Airtec 1st stage. I have a Seaira 2nd as well. Great breather and easy to service. As you may have figured out, IDI became XS Scuba. I will confirm that the ebay seller that was mentioned already is the go-to person for IDI parts. She has many more unlisted parts as well.
I plan on converting my Airtec to din with her parts at some point. Note that Scubapro Din adapter fits as well, tested with my mk20.
Not sure what model you have though. The razor and sr3 are easy to ID.
As others have said, this one should be easy to service with the aid of you hardware store. You can always make it a safe 2nd reg once your done. As with any older plastic body 2nd, examine the plastic for stress fractures/cracks. I have a few from several mfg's that are toast. Hard to see, but with a strong mini flashlight they reveal themselves, mostly around the hose inlet.
Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom