ideas on good mini dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

urbaneve71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi guys -- i lost my favorite salvo dive light --- and since they are no longer in business i need a new one sooooooooo

i am looking for input on a decent mini handheld dive light for under 100 dollars. what do you guys think?

thanks and cheers

As long as you're careful when turning it on and off. To turn it off you are basically unscrewing it a little. Too much and water will leak in.

While I totally agree with you on the notion, it takes about 1/2 a turn to turn it off and about 4 or 5 full turns to disengage the first of two orings. I have three of them and they are very good lights. I have two of the ones listed above and the wide angel (video) light and they all three are bullet proof. The wide angle one actually has a rotating switch instead of twisting the light itself.

Any specs you want?

Salvo is now Light Monkey AFAIK.
I like Big Blue, but don't have experience with many different lights. They are known to be pretty good for the price though.

There are a number of LED handhelds out there that would put the old Salvo handhelds to shame (I know ... I still own two of them that I never use anymore).

These are my current preferred handheld lights ...

1000 Lumen Dive Light

1k Shorty Dive Light

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Any specs you want?
not particularly. just as long as it reliable. im not doing any deep cave or wreck dives with it. just want it for when the water turns a bit murky and visibility gets low for some reason. etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks guys -- you all have given me a great start and a lot to look at. yippie -- me gets to go shopping now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom