Ideas for tipping "above and beyond"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got back from our trip to the keys yesterday.

During the first part of trip we spent a few days diving with Rainbow Reef in Key Largo. They run two boats at this location and each does a morning trip and an afternoon trip. The time in between trips, the crews are working to help divers off the boats, fill tanks, do some housekeeping and help the new divers on for the afternoon dives. All this happens in about an hour, during which the crew also has to take care of their own lunch (lots of candy bars and rice crispy treats).

We spent time on both boats with different dive guides and crews over a few days. We tipped cash after every trip like usual, but on the last day we decided to do a little extra. We went to the local Papa Johns and showed up with a stack of pizzas at the dock when the morning trips returned so the crew of both boats could have a hot lunch that they did not have to chase down themselves.

We stopped by on our way back a week later to pick up t-shirts and were met by many smiling faces and enthusiastic thanks.

It was well worth it in my book.

Yep, that good meal, whether it's a gift card or bringing in some food is always appreciated from what I've seen. Beyond the basic cash, that's my "above and beyond" tipping in the States.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom