Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prunefoot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey fellow wanna be fish! I am looking for ideas and thoughts, but first the background...

My wife and I are in the process of getting a villa in Panama City Beach. Of course we, and our kids are all divers, (well my youngest will be at 10) and having a property in PCB has us really excited and has been a goal of ours.

The villa is on one of the marinas and right on the dock. It's just down the road from the beach, but we love it because of it's community and how close it is to the dive boat. You literally walk out of the back door, across the deck, take about 20 to 25 steps, and you step on board the dive boat.

We are, of course, setting it up for our diving needs, but we are going to open it up for rentals, so others, who share our love of diving, can have a great place to stay, in a place that caters to divers, and the convenience of being right at the boat. It would kind-of be like staying on a "live-aboard," I imagine, since I haven't been on one of those trips yet. You schedule your diving all week. You wake up in the morning, grab your coffee (or step next door to buy a coffee), grab your dive gear, and step on the boat. After your day of diving, as the boat docks, you grab your gear, step over to the villa, rinse your gear, take a shower, and walk next door to the restaurant for dinner. Go back to the villa, relax, go to sleep, and do it all again!

I'm looking for thoughts and ideas from the community, as to what you would like in the villa, as divers, if you were to stay there for a week of diving. Things that would be a convenience for you or make it easier for you. One of my ideas is a tub for a rinse/dunk station for your gear, and some polymer open style lockers inside to hang your gear overnight. Another idea is framed copies of the "Art to Media" 3D dive maps on the wall, of the wrecks in the Gulf at Panama City Beach.

Cool, and tasteful, decorating ideas would be appreciated also.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom