Ideal trip..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thyroidless4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
It was suggested I come here by another forum area, to you hawaii knowledgeable folk.

I'm planning on having my classes done here in Chicago, then getting a referral and taking my cert dives out in Hawaii. I've always wanted to be an underwater videographer, and now that I have videographer down I thought it'd be time to work on the other half of my goal before putting them together.

Does anyone have any island suggestions that have a lot of good dives for beginners? I plan to stay about a month and want to get in as much, and learn as much about diving as possible while there. Any dive shop recommendations for my referral dives, or that'll take me out for easier learning type dives are also welcome! I want to the best possible experience as its my opportunity to kind of test out my 'dream job' and maybe run into people with similar ambitions. :)

If you're thinking about spending a month in one spot, I'd look at Kona or Maui for the diving. Both the Big Island and Maui have a lot to offer in diving. As far as topside goes, both islands have a lot going for them, the Big Island's a bit less developed. I'm partial to the Big Island, living here, but it's large enough that you'll be able to keep very busy on your days off, it's tough to beat a live volcano for experiencing some natural wonder... the diving's great too!

Have a blast pursuing your dream!

When are you headed this way? I'd love to help you out with the referral and any other dive training you would like!

Back
Top Bottom