Ideal Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swedinsidemount

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm now looking for a light that i can mount onto my full face mask. Preferably light weight, single handed operation, and an adjustable beam. I have already searched the web but I'm looking for some fresh opinions.

( p.s. sorry for posting a thread again about lights but haven't found another one ):

:smalllogo:

Dive Rite LX 20.
like the 1100LM but not an adjustable beam. A must for me otherwise it'll shine into the mask/

I'm now looking for a light that i can mount onto my full face mask. Preferably light weight, single handed operation, and an adjustable beam. I have already searched the web but I'm looking for some fresh opinions.

( p.s. sorry for posting a thread again about lights but haven't found another one ):

:smalllogo:
Why do you need an FFM?

Why do you need an FFM?
I've had one for the last year and it's pretty sweet. Also helped get me an extra specialty towards AOW back then. It's not for extreme cold or deep depth, but it's handy at 75ft for an hour or so. And i don't use coms so i'm not that* kind of diver.

Does anyone have a bad experience with Big Blue lights, and would you use one?

Does anyone have a bad experience with Big Blue lights, and would you use one?
They'd fine for cameras and videos. The lumen output is wildly overstated along with burn times. Would not use one as a primary, they don't have regulated output.

They'd fine for cameras and videos. The lumen output is wildly overstated along with burn times. Would not use one as a primary, they don't have regulated output.
what would you use instead, mares, light and motion (L&M), Orca Torch (550 or 950 models..)

i am debating between orcatorch d530 1300 LM and bigblue 1100 LM. any verdict for the two manufacturers, bad experiences?

I have OrcaTorch D530 and D550 torches. Both are good torches, but neither has an adjustable beam that you mentioned you want in post #3 above.

You also mentioned that you want single hand operation...I assume from a mask mounted position. If that is the case then the D550 would be my recommendation as push on/off sealed magnet tail switch is simple and easy to operate with one hand even with thick gloves. The switch on the D530 may be a little more difficult to hit with a gloved hand with the torch's body out of your field of view.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom