Ideal length of stay in Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tippytoes12

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Scubaboarders

Heading to Indonesia next month and will have fifteen days in the country . Lembeh is the first stop...and I have booked 7 nights in Black Sands , so five diving days. I don't want to leave thinking that this wasn't enough time. I love muck diving and taking photos.

How long a stay have members had in Lembeh and was this enough or too much ?

Many thanks in advance

4 or 5 days should be enough if you move to bunaken then - very different dive sites and fauna.

I have stayed in Lembeh for 3 straight weeks on one trip and still left feeling it wasn't enough. You always leave thinking "if I'd just stayed one more day, I would have seen <insert critter here>..."

I will find that damn hairy octopus one day.

Thanks so much guys. DF I was intending to do either Gili Air , for some chilling , snorkelling and a bot of diving , or possibly Padang Bai.

This must be your solo trip. Without the wife I would get bored even on gill air not doing 3 dives a day. I would choose gill air over padang bai for chilling. You know you like GA and I would still do a few more days in Lembeh than 5.

You should follow-up with Bangka! Last year I did week one at Black Sands, fabulous place and I was the only guest that week! ! 3 guides every dive showing me stuff. Week 2, I spent at Murex Bangka where Aswar showed me everything including the hairy octopus you seek! Such beautiful diving and nudi heaven to boot! I'm on my way back very soon.

Back
Top Bottom