IDC Phuket Oct which is Best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Baracuda Smile

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I am am going to conduct PADI IDC in Phuket in Thailand in October. I am an experienced DM with 3 years and over 650 logged dives. I have over 75 Discover Scuba's under my belt and have trained with over 10 instructors through Open Water. I am DSAT Tech 50 qualified. I want a good quality IDC but I don't want to pay for things I already have like EFRI. Which is shop is the best and most flexible, and offers the best value?

I have been planning to do my IDC in Phuket as well, so I am very interested in this topic.

At the moment I am considering these options:

Scuba Cat
Bent Posejpal (also the course director for Sea Fun Divers)
Chris Owen at Indepth Instruction
and
Björn Tackman at Dive Asia

Of these, Bent and Björn somehow seem the best alternatives - and I'm sure Chris will be as good a choice as the other two. I get the feeling ScubaCat caters more for the backpacking hero crowd, but they offer free diving! on their boats before the IDC program, plus a free liveaboard! :wink:.

I haven't made up my mind yet. Somehow I'm tempted by the idea of diving for a few days before the IDC, and taking a liveaborad trip after the IE before I start working (I already have a job waiting) - but then again those things are kind of irrelevant as I want the best instruction I can get.

I am sure that all the shops will tailor you a package that includes only those things you need and want, and nothing extra.

Another one to look at is Thien Xo at gopro-thailand.com

And you can always consider our Pre-IDC at kiwidiver.com where we do personalized training to get you up to a level where the IDC would be a walk in the park.

Depending on your level of experience we can reduce the Pre-IDC duration and cost.

Kevin Black
Master Instructor
@kiwidiver.com

I have been planning to do my IDC in Phuket as well, so I am very interested in this topic.

At the moment I am considering these options:

Scuba Cat
Bent Posejpal (also the course director for Sea Fun Divers)
Chris Owen at Indepth Instruction
and
Björn Tackman at Dive Asia

Of these, Bent and Björn somehow seem the best alternatives - and I'm sure Chris will be as good a choice as the other two. I get the feeling ScubaCat caters more for the backpacking hero crowd, but they offer free diving! on their boats before the IDC program, plus a free liveaboard! :wink:.

I haven't made up my mind yet. Somehow I'm tempted by the idea of diving for a few days before the IDC, and taking a liveaborad trip after the IE before I start working (I already have a job waiting) - but then again those things are kind of irrelevant as I want the best instruction I can get.

I am sure that all the shops will tailor you a package that includes only those things you need and want, and nothing extra.

Thank you for your information! Dive Asia is also offering me free diving before and after IDC. They are also offer a Pre-IDC tune up, and boat dives. I am going on to work toward MSDT working on specialties.

I have picked Bjorn Thackman and Dive Asia for my IDC.

Thank you for your information! Dive Asia is also offering me free diving before and after IDC. They are also offer a Pre-IDC tune up, and boat dives. I am going on to work toward MSDT working on specialties.

I have picked Bjorn Thackman and Dive Asia for my IDC.

Congratulations. Dive Asia is a good solid company and I am sure if you put as much work into your IDC as you have done researching who to do it with I am sure you will become successful instructor.

Congratulations. Dive Asia is a good solid company and I am sure if you put as much work into your IDC as you have done researching who to do it with I am sure you will become successful instructor.

IDC was outstanding! The first in Asia to adopt 2010 ciriculum, and staying the most current with PADI. CD Bjorn Thackman is a platimum course director that has been running IDC's every month for 14 years and never has had a failure. The Instructor Exam (IE) is held in Dive Asia's pool. I stayed and extra week and picked up 6 specialties that I can teach, and with 25 certified divers easily became a Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT). Lodging is only meters from the pool, so you can use the pool any time you need to work on skills. You can walk to the beach, shopping, and local Thai food. With a motor bike you can explore Phuket, Kata, Karong. Dive Asia has a large boat that goes out every day and charters to the Silimans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom