IDC in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babydamulag

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Okay folks....we went, we did, we graduated, we have comments.
IDC was really an adventure. I opted for the PREP course before IDC, EFR, IDC and then the MSDT add-on (6 specialties). Wow, what an adventure and what a great experience. I plan to write the blog (I never had time during IDC and then the typhoon really mucked things up) about how the building of an instructor. BOTTOMLINE -- SAVE EVERYTHING YOU EVER DID IN THE DIVEMASTER COURSE AND GET THE IDC MATERIALS. READ EVERYTHING, STUDY EVERYTHING AT LEAST 10 TIMES, WATCH ALL OF THE VIDEOS (that was painful), AND DO ALL OF THIS 4 WEEKS PRIOR TO GOING TO IDC. This is the recipe for success. The confined work and open water work will be your focus when you get there. The fact is that your knowledge of "DEMONSTRATION QUALITY" is what you think it is slowed down by 5 times. The blog will be udated soon. Your comments are welcomed here and about the blog once I get it updated. The IDC was tough and it made the IE "SOOOOOO EASY". Wow, a lifelong dream is realized. Thanks to all that helped me get here!!:D

Babydamulag:
Okay folks....we went, we did, we graduated, we have comments.
IDC was really an adventure. I opted for the PREP course before IDC, EFR, IDC and then the MSDT add-on (6 specialties). Wow, what an adventure and what a great experience. I plan to write the blog (I never had time during IDC and then the typhoon really mucked things up) about how the building of an instructor. BOTTOMLINE -- SAVE EVERYTHING YOU EVER DID IN THE DIVEMASTER COURSE AND GET THE IDC MATERIALS. READ EVERYTHING, STUDY EVERYTHING AT LEAST 10 TIMES, WATCH ALL OF THE VIDEOS (that was painful), AND DO ALL OF THIS 4 WEEKS PRIOR TO GOING TO IDC. This is the recipe for success. The confined work and open water work will be your focus when you get there. The fact is that your knowledge of "DEMONSTRATION QUALITY" is what you think it is slowed down by 5 times. The blog will be udated soon. Your comments are welcomed here and about the blog once I get it updated. The IDC was tough and it made the IE "SOOOOOO EASY". Wow, a lifelong dream is realized. Thanks to all that helped me get here!!:D
congrats babyd!

good luck on the new chapter of your career!!!

Jag

Thanks. The wife deserves the biggest kudos. I got sick 3 days before the IE and she made me well enough to go to the IE. My ASAWA is the greatest!!!

Where did you do it?

I went to iDAP at Asia Diivers in PG. It was awesome!

Good job Babyd!

good job, and yes you hit the nail on the head. You will get soooo much more out of your IDC if you are confident on the physics, physiology etc sections and can then concentrate on presentations and preparation.

Congrats on passing

Mike Veitch:
good job, and yes you hit the nail on the head. You will get soooo much more out of your IDC if you are confident on the physics, physiology etc sections and can then concentrate on presentations and preparation.

Congrats on passing

You still remember that physics stuff??

Congrats babyd!

ps Mikey - sign on to msn wilya, i want to ask you some q's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom