IDC in Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farrahfig

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm thinking about going to Roatan for my IDC. Any recommendations for the best IDC in the Bay Islands?
Thx.

I am not an instructor, but I was out on the boat a few times with Will Welbourn, the PADI course director who works out of Coconut Tree Divers here in Roatan. I thought he was very articulate and the feedback he was giving his student made a lot of sense to me. Look in the thread "Next Up Rotan" & he has a post, so you could PM him that way. (Other than as a paying customer, I am not affiliated with CTD in any way.)

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bay-islands/265656-next-up-roatan-3.html

The OP wants to do an IDC - which requires a course director. Is there a course director at CCV?

The PADI IDC's on Roatan are Anthony's Key, Bananarama, Coconut Tree Divers, Subway Watersports and TGI Diving.

I second the recommendation for Will Welbourn at Coconut Tree. I overheard him teaching part of a class. I think the students were OWSI trainees based on the material they were covering. If you're looking to save a little money, CTD has a dorm that students can stay in - it's like $10 night or something. Cocaloca (Gay) here is the owner. They're great people also, fun to hangout with and overly accommodating.

I'd recommend taking the IDC at coconut tree with Will. He's a gifted and dedicated instructor, and coconut tree is a really fun place. Just make sure you stay away from the turtles!

Back
Top Bottom