ICYMI: NDL Field Replacement "Persistence"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beldridg

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I noticed in the new v91 of the release notes that the data field that replaces NDL once deco is required is now "persistent." I've been asking for this for a while and they now implemented (but sadly, at this point, only on the newer model computers).

The benefit is that if you have SurfGF replace NDL and you clear deco, instead of NDL going back to 99 (which is useless) it will retain the SurfGF field. Therefore, if you want to exit the water at a SurfGF less than your GF Hi, you can easily monitor that and not need to keep doing right button presses to see what your SurfGF is.

I create a post with more details at:

Now I just need two things:

(1) Backport to NERD2 / Petrel 2
(2) Add the Bailout TTS data field :)

I maintain a list of Shearwater feature requests at:

Shearwater Feature Requests

- brett

Oh, man, that will be nice. I have a brand-new Perdix AI, I sure hope they back-port that fix. I never liked (and it has been discussed at length for this and other computers) how the meaning of that number changed based on deco. I'd much rather have SurfGF at all times and an alert when I'm getting low on NDL, especially since I keep my computer set on conservative, so NDL isn't real NDL. Thanks for posting!

Oh, man, that will be nice. I have a brand-new Perdix AI, I sure hope they back-port that fix. I never liked (and it has been discussed at length for this and other computers) how the meaning of that number changed based on deco. I'd much rather have SurfGF at all times and an alert when I'm getting low on NDL, especially since I keep my computer set on conservative, so NDL isn't real NDL. Thanks for posting!

Just to be clear, I don't think it does exactly what you want. The NDL field will still show the NDL until you hit deco and then it will switch to whatever you have configured.

If you have SurfGF or GF99, it will be "persistent" after deco clears (instead of reverting back to NDL 99).

- brett

Glad to hear the Petrel 1 crowd isn't totally forgotten about. As much as I would like to upgrade it, think for now it would be unnecessary.

Quick update - Shearwater released v93 which "back-ported" some of the changes and SurfGF is now persistent and you can configure the mini console as well. Details and screenshots are posted at:

I've heard that they will also back-port to the NERD2.

- brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom