Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jessesmith121

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello I am waiting for the release of the Icon HD... I was wondering what the MSRP is going to be on this computer.. It really looks like a winner. Is the computer going to be wireless air intergrated?

Hi Jessie,

The MSRP is still TBD, it should be on the market by mid/late summer. The initial unit will not be air integrated, but we will have an upgrade program for air integration by Spring 2010.

Phil

Wow, that's gorgeous, AI or not. Sure to be wayyyy outta my price range though. (sigh)

Slobber Slobber Slobber...:shocked2: Droool Drool Drool...:shocked2: Slobber Slobber Slobber...:shocked2:

Nice Computer guys!!:coffee::coffee: Can't wait to find out about more detailed features...

Cheers!:coffee:

I am with Codman on this one. Sounding like a brillaint new age computer.

I am especially liking on the web site where it says
"Stores images and dive site maps."

This is a really cool computer, different from anything on the market. We are working on some videos and other items to really show the features. They will be out soon.

More to come......

Phil

Saw it at the Scuba Show (Long Beach, CA). It sure is beautiful. I can't decide if I NEED it now or I should wait a year for the air integration... Either way, it is beautiful. Can't seem to find the MSRP anywhere...

When these become available at first, they will be non air integrated. Note: we are going to offer an upgrade program allowing the consumer of the Icon HD non AI to purchase the air integrated (1st qtr 2010) version for only the difference in cost. We are targeting an MSRP of $1200 for the Icon HD.

Start Looking for them early August.

Hi Zak

That is pretty nice of Mares to off the cost difference in someone wants to upgrade.
This way it gives people time to check the computer out, Mares to get feed back on it and the kinks if any worked out without negatively disadvantaging people who bought it when it comes out.

Phil,

will the Icon HD come with some preloaded maps, etc? Does Mares plan to offer these for a cost?
Thx

Does Mares have a twitter account?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom