icon AI pairing problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoranb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I can't pair my transmitter w/ my icon.

Whenever I try to pair I get a "Timed out!" message on the icon.

The transmitter has no buttons to turn it on/off. The manual says the transmitter doesn't have to be mounted on the 1st stage to pair, but...

Any ideas?

-------
Edit:
The instructions say that the transmitter doesn't need to be attached to the 1st stage for pairing, but the transmitter shuts off to preserve battery after the pressure drops below 10bar. I'll try attaching it to the tank.

Z

Last edited:
SOLVED!

For all you new owners of the Icon AI, some notes.

Even though the manual says the reciever doesn't need to be connected to the first stage, this is only half true. The receiver has a built-in energy saving feature that saves battery life, and shuts the transmiiter off, after the pressure drops below 10bar. So if you take it out of the box, the reciever is off. To turn it on, you have to connect it to a pressure of more than 10bar to turn it on. Then, you can pair it with your icon.

R

Zoki

hey thanks for bringing it out, i had to remove the battery and put it back and problem solved as well :)

hey thanks for bringing it out, i had to remove the battery and put it back and problem solved as well :)

I did the same to getting pairing. I tried at least 6 times to pair. I moved the module various distances including the 2 inches through the 6 attempts. No joy until I removed the battery and reinstalled it.

No its not true that you have to connect AI to tank. I did pair it with no tank connection at least 6 times. Icon has to be arounyd two inches from AI thats all.

Yes mine also paired (on second attempt) without tank connection by putting it close. The transmitter must not shut down completely even without pressure.

The Tank sender is passive when its a sleep, the wrist unit sends a kind of bluetooth message to the sender (hense the two way data) asking it to wake up on low power mode hence the distance (2" in the manual).
The direction it sends the signal out in is fan shape so when its close to the wrist unit it can miss out from being in its range, moving it further away can help as the coverage gets wider.

The Tank sender is passive when its a sleep, the wrist unit sends a kind of bluetooth message to the sender (hense the two way data) asking it to wake up on low power mode hence the distance (2" in the manual).
The direction it sends the signal out in is fan shape so when its close to the wrist unit it can miss out from being in its range, moving it further away can help as the coverage gets wider.

Someone reported that the tank module battery drained by packing it close to the wrist unit. So I guess it's important to keep them apart when not in use. Does anyone know the frequency of the radio signal?

I paired mine to G2 first. Then it readily paired to G1....be sure to unpair G2 if you are just using one gas.

Back
Top Bottom