Iced tea anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, the Sunburst came out without the usual digital flare... really looks nice... and the others, even the above shot looks good...nice work.. enjoyed that... would kinda make it worth while to dive in that... whatever it is... ;-))

I'm assuming you were shooting natural light (no flash) and would be curuios as to the settings?? 1/40th at the 1.8??

fpoole:
...I'm assuming you were shooting natural light (no flash) and would be curuios as to the settings?? 1/40th at the 1.8??
You're correct - no flash. ISO 64 on all shots. I did some adjustments with brightness in PS curves and used the unsharp mask as needed. I cropped the pic from 30 feet down pretty heavy - it was mostly black. I cropped a little on head side of the diver.

Settings were:

30 ft down - f4.0 1/80 sec
Diver and surface pics both - f4.0 1/50 sec
Sunburst - f2.0 1/125 sec

Attached is the out of camera sunburst shot.

DesertEagle:
I really like the eclipse shot.

Only 1/125 on the sunburst? That's a lot of detail for a sunburst photo.
Yeah 1/125. I was within 15' of the surface but the sun was already being obliterated by the tannic water. I had my meter on and tried to slightly under expose the shot. I was taking the pic on the fly while trying to keep an eye on my buddies so no fancy calculations just good luck. I'm surprised at how nice the colors turned out given all the parameters of the shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom