Iced tea anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Morrison Spring was still a little flooded today - it made for some interesting pictures.

Topside - Smoke on the water.
26242morrisonsmoke-med.jpg

Under the surface - Texas Tea?
26242morrisontannin-med.jpg

30 feet down - Eclipse?
26242morrisonsunball.jpg

On the way up - Have you seen my buddy?
26242seenbuddy-med.jpg

Home again - Sunburst.
26242morrisonsunburst-med.jpg

Wow, those came out rather well. The coloration is unique :) I was hoping you wouldn't get just a bunch of cloudy images. Sureal, for sure.

Anything come out recognizable from in the cavern?

It was a fun dive despite the visibility, kind of eary, but fun.

The surface shot is excellent.

Cavern shots were still out of focus. I've got to get a focus light set up if I want to capture the "dark side".

Looks like you all had fun and didn't let the tannis spoil your fun. Great pics. It does look like some Southern grown Sweet Tea.

Matt

Sweet or un-Sweet? :D Very different than expected. I've heard of the tannins in the water but that's the first photos I've seen of it. The sunburst is great! I think the first smokey one is my favorite.

I wouldn't recommend the dive for anyone with fear of the dark. It was fun to see a place that I know become a whole other world. The color was pretty neat even though monochrome.

I'm glad I could share the dive.

Very nice pictures. The color is what you see in most Florida rivers, lakes, and streams. Although I guess it shows up in Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, etc. That brown color is tannin. It comes from all of the vegitation that falls into the water.

Back
Top Bottom