Ice Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pink_fins:
I find it ranges around 31 degrees give or take.

We usually do 1-2 dives a season. The guys up here want to fish or hunt so much it is hard to get them to saw a hole.

We don't have a shack like some. So we dive on a warm day with the sun out and preferbly not a lot of wind. We do have to do a long walk sinking in the snow with our gear on a sled.

What I really like is to do an ice dive before we do a spring trip so when the operation wants to see dive log they shake their heads.

Or if I can't do that try to do a warm water trip and ice dive in the same month.

It is so much more fun diving in a dry suit. I can remember it took me almost 3 days to get my body temp back to normal. But when you want to dive you take what you can get LOL

gail

Actually I'm under the ice on the 11th and leaving for Cuba on the 25th, can't wait for either of them.

Back
Top Bottom