Ice Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's done in conjunction with Diver's Reef here in the springs. I may be a dive-along on one or both days.

Roak

Roak,
Hmmm, I can't understand the low interest in this class. Look forward to meeting you.

Actually I just found out that Driver's Reef is NOT doing it with A1 this year.

I have to look at the DR schedule, but I think it's the same weekend but at Twin Lakes.

Bummer :(

Roak

charlieo:
Check this out. http://www.a1scuba.com/classes/icediver.shtml. Anyone interested?
I would hate to be the only person in the class.

I have not dove this site, but it's less than 30 minutes from my house. The vis is not great at least in summer based on others who have dove there.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I've done all my training at A1, and know the owners as well as many of the instructors. I'll try and stop in and see if I can get an idea of what the vis is like in winter. But I would not do this course at Wellengton unless the vis is MUCH better than what it's been reported to be in summer.

I spoke to Scott @ A1. Several other shops in the metro area use Wellington so they decided to try it. I think that the location also has some bearing. I am signed up.
Ron,
I have a spare set of dry gloves.

charlieo:
I spoke to Scott @ A1. Several other shops in the metro area use Wellington so they decided to try it. I think that the location also has some bearing. I am signed up.
Ron,
I have a spare set of dry gloves.

Let's see how the XMAS spending accounts into our daily life AFTER christmas :D

I'd also sure like to hear what the vis would be like? I love to dive. But 40F water (or whatever it's going to be) with ice, little vis and nothing to see is not my idea of a ton of fun :11doh:

Well, after I signed up for the class, got the argon rig set up, I have a commitment that involves work. You know, the activity that pays for all the other activities. I can't do the class that weekend. So, Ron you can still use the dry gloves, but I can't go to the class.
The vis at Kingfisher pond was very bad today.

I'm signed up for the Diver's Reef class that same weekend. It's at Twin Lake. Vis. was decent when I was there a couple of Septembers ago, so I hope it's good when iced over!

Rusty (Woodland Park)

Back
Top Bottom