Ice Diving-December/Wasilla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll see what I can put together.

I'll post here when the time gets closer. If you guys find someone else to teach the class, go ahead.

I realize that, with anything else, there is an "Alaska Premium" on costs - but I hope the price you advertise is within 20% of that offered by Lower 48 operators :)

Sorry guys, I'm not going to have time to teach anything in December. It looks like a bathroom and kitchen remodel are in store for the missuz for Christmas.

Good luck finding an instructor.

Hmmmm, a home remodel in Girdwood....Be careful, seems to me that got someone famous in trouble recently.:shocked2: Should be OK so long as your contractor isn't Bill Allen.

Fellow AK divers,

I am in for a weekend ice diving course this winter (provided it is not over $250 and I would prefer not to go to Fairbanks).

I am also a certified cave diver (intro level) having been hooked on caving diving while living in Lake City, FL.

I now live in Eagle River, AK and welcome most opportunities AK diving has to offer.

Tom

Everyone,
I just got off the phone with Mitch Osborne from Test the Waters Dive shop in Fairbanks. They are opening a branch in Anchorage this spring. I asked him about Ice Diving lasses and he mentioned he would happily put one on. He also said he will be down in Anchorage the first half of January and could put one on then. It is a 4 day class. and he would incorporate it over a weekend. He was thinking the 8th-11th. If people are intrested, they need to contact him for details ASAP. Email is info@testthewaters.com and phone is 907-474-9000.
Myles

hey you guys what's up? i'm a cali kelp diver and i was just reading the alaska threads out of curiousity. i thought the wter was cold down here (norcal) it sounds insanly cold up where you kids play! do you guys ice dive year round? you must have some real thick p.j.'s under those drysuits:) i'd love to try diving canada and alaska someday!!!! cheers.
joe c

hey you guys what's up? i'm a cali kelp diver and i was just reading the alaska threads out of curiousity. i thought the wter was cold down here (norcal) it sounds insanly cold up where you kids play! do you guys ice dive year round? you must have some real thick p.j.'s under those drysuits:) i'd love to try diving canada and alaska someday!!!! cheers.
joe c

Summer temps in Alaska can hit Monterey-like temperatures.
We don't ice dive year round. Our summers are quite nice and the ice does melt. The price we pay for the 40 weeks of winter...I tell my friends not to plan on me doing any out-of-state activities from June to September.
Winter ocean diving can be in the mid-30s.
Canada and Alaska diving is great. You would have some very fine diving experiences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom