Ice Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spaced_Monkey:
Is this just a fable or is it really possible to dive (safely) beneath the ice? If so is there anyone out there that has done it?

Heck yeah - it's cold, creepy, claustrophobic and a helluva good time!

almitywife:
for me, any dive that involves a chain saw as standard equipment is a no-no!

LSL

"Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are!"

the K

almitywife:
for me, any dive that involves a chain saw as standard equipment is a no-no!

LSL
LOL, that is funny. Chainsaw weilding is part of the fun.
Last trip through 22 inches... next trip, I bring my hockey mask for effect.

dsc_0075ri.sized.jpg

Thanks for the photo's guys and gals. And it is nice to know there are equally as mental people out there!! :D

YES!! yeah our team....

Spaced_Monkey:
And it is nice to know there are equally as mental people out there!! :D

Little friendly advice ~

Whatever you do, DON'T and I repeat DON'T lick the metal dive flag pole when they ask you too. :11ztongue

reefraff:
Options can be limited. If it's a choice between (A) or (B), lots of folks will find themselves (C). Besides, you haven't lived until you've tried upside down hockey...

OK, what does the photo of the tank and air delivery gear in the bathroom mean?

I am happy that you obey the rules for properly using a dive flag, don't want a boater to accidentally run into you.

MikeC:

I am happy that you obey the rules for properly using a dive flag, don't want a boater to accidentally run into you.
I guess that's where you put your gear when you go to get some ice into your drink. :D

MikeC:

It means don't buddy up with that guy, cuz if you run outa air under the ice, you gotta breath out of his octopus that he stores on the floor next to the toilet.......and you know how bad guys aim is?????? Especially male divers, our aim in the toilet is really bad, all narct out....or uh.....

MikeC:

In the more northerly climes, when the water finally gets too cold to dive (i.e., when it gets hard) a dreadful medical malady known as Gill Dessication Syndrome can take a heavy toll amongst divers. Desperate, one way the afflicted will attempt to resolve the problem is tub diving. Warm, gin-clear, fresh water; it's the ultimate WWW experience! The photo illustrates one of the signs of this curious condition that family members learn to look for, sometimes the only remedy is to sharpen the chainsaw...

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom