I want to switch my Gekko from the wrist mount to a console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you like this wrist mount better? where's your compass?

Way, way better. I also now have my compass on my wrist. The SPG is clipped off on my top left d-ring - a slight turn of my head and I can read it.

Thanks Everyone.
I like wearing my watch so I have a backup if the computer fails. I have the watch on my left, computer on my right, so I thought what if I move my computer to a console then I can wear a compass on my right wrist and then why not move computer and compass to a console and have it all together. I guess I could keep everything one my writs the way they are and get a retractable compass and hook it to my BC or just not wear my watch. Pros, cons I give up, for now anyway.

Sorry DVM, I didn't see you had already gotten loads of replies. Note I also wear a watch. I leave it on the same arm as my computer. No need to rid yourself of the watch. :)

One thing I do not like is the watchband on the Gekko. What I have done is cut mine really short -just short enough so I could drill two holes on either side. Through the holes I have placed some bungee - the benefit is that my computer stays put on my wrist. I obviously wear it a tad higher than my watch.

BTW, what part of WV do you hail?

Do you have a picture of your computer that I could look at?
Im in Beckley its in southern West Virginia.

Thanks

Doug

Do you have a picture of your computer that I could look at?
Im in Beckley its in southern West Virginia.

Thanks

Doug

Sure I will take a shot later this afternoon and shoot it over to you :)

Doug I sent you the pic of my computer. Once you lace the bungee through, you''ll tie it off to fit and then burn the end of the bungee so it doesn't fray.

As for other mounts; I too would suggest you go to Tobin.

I have the parts you need to do this. You would have to use a Suunto SPG which I have with the console. You would need to buy the Suunto compass and attach it to the back. Your Gekko will snap right in.

I am the opposite way inclined.
I had a wrist mounted computer but could not get on with it. I now have an AI console (uwatec smart com) which i much prefer, to control its position on my rig I use a retractor.

Thanks again everyone, I found both a wrist model and the retractor model so I got both of them (same compass I know) After having both of them Im going to go with the retractor model. I just like it better. Im going to keep my Gekko on my right wrist and my watch on left. I know the computer has a watch in it but I just dont feel right without my watch, and I still have a depth gauge in the console with my SPG, so if the computer would quit I still have a back up. One last thing I have a SK7 wrist mount compass which also come with a Deep Sea Supply mount that I need to sell.

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom