I want to purchase an O2 Analyzer any advice for. First time buyer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard the El cheapo is great, but I'm not to mechanically inclined, is there a good alternative? Good brand, highly recommended, not too expensive o2 analyzer Which can analyze o2 and Nitrox? Thanks guys

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Threads merged

Last edited by a moderator:
...//... I'm going to have some interesting challenges ONCE I GET THE DARNED CASE DONE.

Had I had ANY idea of how totally DIY this was, I would have chucked the extra couple hundred at Oxycheq very cheerfully. Not only is my time worth something, but I've only got so much stomach lining.

These may help:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#step-drill-bits/=pvlneb Pick the size you need, smaller bits have finer steps. Use with battery drill on LOW speed or it will fly through the plastic.

McMaster-Carr part# 4225A11 You can make a clean square hole by starting with the proper sized round hole and carefully filing up to your lines, goes quicker than you think it would.

You may be able to find similar parts in a good hardware store.

---------- Post added December 19th, 2013 at 02:44 PM ----------

Looks like the OP has no interest in a DIY approach, started a new thread. Here is the final bit for DIY'ers that really makes it easy: McMaster-Carr

---------- Post added December 19th, 2013 at 09:46 PM ----------

true and the analox is supposed to be sturdy...i'd get it if i had the money right now :(

The Analox IS a really nice instrument. Had my sensor replaced two years ago, including calibration, cost half the price of a new unit. Don't feel too badly, ...IJS

Are you filling your own tanks or something? If not, I just don't see what's wrong with borrowing the one at the dive shop to analyze the tanks before you go...

Back
Top Bottom