I want to join

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gold42

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to join the texas swamp divers formally now that I am in houston please send me the details., on how to join thanks

No problem, just drop by Twin Lakes sometime and ask for some Swampsters. Get 'em to sign off on your log book after a dive.

Well the deal is this. This is not a formal organized dive club with officers dues, etc. You just show up at one of the dives where other swampers are and make a dive with them. You are then a member. Watch these threads to see where dives are occurring. If in Houston, Swampers gather at Twin Lakes which is on Highway 6 about 1.5 miles east of the intersection of Highway 288 +6 in Manvel. There will be a group out there this weekend. There is a separate thread on this.

leiserom:
Well the deal is this. This is not a formal organized dive club with officers dues, etc. You just show up at one of the dives where other swampers are and make a dive with them. You are then a member. Watch these threads to see where dives are occurring. If in Houston, Swampers gather at Twin Lakes which is on Highway 6 about 1.5 miles east of the intersection of Highway 288 +6 in Manvel. There will be a group out there this weekend. There is a separate thread on this.

Hmmm, I guess this means I'm a swamper since I did a dive with the swampers at Twin Lakes on Memorial Day Weekend. :)

DiverG:
Hmmm, I guess this means I'm a swamper since I did a dive with the swampers at Twin Lakes on Memorial Day Weekend. :)

Yeah but did you learn the secret hand signals? :wink:

Dee:
Yeah but did you learn the secret hand signals? :wink:

Hand signals? No one told me about no hand signals. Guess you'll have to teach me them this weekend.

At the top of the TSD page there is a thread that includes our history and answers your questions.

Welcome to the clan.

TwoBit

My wife and I will be looking for ya'll as we travel this summer to different lakes on the weekends. Can't wait to catch up with some of ya'll and join. We are looking at Lake Travis the 25th-28th of June. Hope to see ya'll their.

sealskin98:
No problem, just drop by Twin Lakes sometime and ask for some Swampsters. Get 'em to sign off on your log book after a dive.

Dang, we're s'posed to use log books????

Cave Diver:
Dang, we're s'posed to use log books????

Umm...YEAH...that's what you use as a coaster for your cerveza after the dive.

Geeze, some of these newbie DMs. You would think they knew better. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom