I want to design a Dive Watch. What would make the best watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A dive watch should be substantial. Don't go minimalist. Minimalist looks and feels fragile. Start with the popular high end watches and work backwards. Think submariner meets Eco with more actual diving application.

Also I'd not worry about price tag. If you build a quality product you'll sell it at a fair price (keeping in mind that you don't likely have a big brand to back you, but a $1500-$2500 functional and fashionable dive watch is reasonable IMO).

I'm not worried about price because I am probably not going to make the watch. It's more of an excercise to me.

There is a slim chance that the company I am working for may commission me to do a watch like this but I am more interested in created something interesting that is feasible.

A dive watch should be substantial. Don't go minimalist. Minimalist looks and feels fragile. Start with the popular high end watches and work backwards. Think submariner meets Eco with more actual diving application.

Also I'd not worry about price tag. If you build a quality product you'll sell it at a fair price (keeping in mind that you don't likely have a big brand to back you, but a $1500-$2500 functional and fashionable dive watch is reasonable IMO).

Check out the Paneri 243, along with the 24 & 25. There is also one with a depth gauge but huge $. I've got a 243 on the way and Paneri's have a quick change strap system that has spawned a huge aftermarket in straps. I've already got the strap bug.

IWC also makes a diver and a 14k model with a depth gauge! Ouch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Half you guys should buy a Suunto D9. The other half should sell your watches and donate the money to charity. 1000m depth rating, puhleez

The OP should copy the old Citizen Aqualand with analogue depth gauge. Best dive watch ever, apart from the annoying 55m max depth alarm

what about a thin, sleek watch with oled, that offers a bungee mount case for diving and then pop it out for after the dive using some kind of strap/bracelet.

I suppose you could always go there and prove them wrong ...

Hahaha that's another thing...why would it need to be rated to that depth?

-------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot/H2OBelow

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom