I want a BP/Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats, let us know what you think :)

Well Guys, I took the plunge and ordered last night through Dive Gear Express.

Dive Rite TransPlate
DGX Aluminum backplate
Voyager EXP 35lb Wing
Quick Buckle 16 lb weight System
STA w/Tank Straps

Thanks for all of the input. Now just gotta get this thing wet.

I'm not sure you will like that wing with a single tank. If you still have time I would change it for the travel wing. Dive rite wings are in general bigger than they need to be, and often bigger than competitors' wings.

You're in a tough situation being so far away and having to pay international shipping. If you could somehow get both wings to try, I'd be willing to bet that you'd prefer the smaller one.

He'll be fine though. Better than a rec wing (that was a nightmare).

I have a Halcyon 40 lb wing, and I dive without weight. Completely manageable.

I'm not sure you will like that wing with a single tank. If you still have time I would change it for the travel wing. Dive rite wings are in general bigger than they need to be, and often bigger than competitors' wings.

You're in a tough situation being so far away and having to pay international shipping. If you could somehow get both wings to try, I'd be willing to bet that you'd prefer the smaller one.

Actually it's not expensive. He's military so APO/FPO shipping applies. About $15.00 priority mail. Same as sending across town. The one I am shipping to Scotland though next week does not go to an APO /FPO and that is when it gets expensive but still less than buying over there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom