I wanna live!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S

Scuba Diver 03

I heard if you dive alot you can get bad arthrites and joint pain later in life. I play paintball and i want to be athletic and running when I'm 60-70yrs old. I wanna dive alot and get thousends maby even 10 thousand in my life time. I want to be healthy!!!!:eek:

You could get hit by a bus while crossing the street tomorrow. If you're lucky you could end up dead. If not you could end up horribly crippled with debilitating cognitive deficits.

I'm living today. I'll take the consequences later, if required. After all, I'm going to be dead for a REALLY long time.

Dear Scuba 03:

I have never heard of arthritis from diving.

Aseptic bone necrosis is a possibility (and a much different pathology), but that is not a problem with recreational diving.:rolleyes:

Dr Deco :doctor:

Please note the next class in Decompression Physiology :grad:
http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/advdeco.htm

Scuba Diver 03 once bubbled...
I heard if you dive alot you can get bad arthrites and joint pain later in life. I play paintball and i want to be athletic and running when I'm 60-70yrs old. I wanna dive alot and get thousends maby even 10 thousand in my life time. I want to be healthy!!!!:eek:
You like to run and you're worried about diving?
You have your junk science jumbled.
Rick

M'y dives range from 50 to 150ft. I dive 3-4 times a week. I'm wondering if I;m going to get jount or some disatvantage frome doing this?

Dear 03:

Running is much more stressful on the joints that diving - even several dives per week.:wacko:

I would be much more concerned with impact sports than scuba diving.

Dr Deco:doctor:

Yes, I'm cynical.

From Scuba Diver 03"s Profile, we find that he / she has just turned 13. How many of us would take a 13 year-old newly certified diver to 150'???

Scuba-sass :)

Uhh... my research is specific to arthritis and I've never come across anything with regard to that and diving... if anything, being non-weight bearing is best for those who have joint problems... I'll have to second Rick's response.

Back
Top Bottom