I wanna know why some of you are here!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of this arguing takes place because of the medium we use to communicate. I have never once heard or been part of an argument regarding Scuba diving while in my presence.

People are usually different in how they communicate on here, they feel safe to run their mouths off as they hide behind the net...I do it all the time because its easy too. Now in person, people are usually less argumentative. Those who are argumentative, aren't very much fun to be around anyway.

I had a dive buddy who pretty much just wanted to argue any point or suggesstion I made....instead of just listening they wanted to debate it....so I quit giving my advice to that person. When someone tells me something I dont agree with, I'll listen to them and maybe ask some questions for clarity and then I'll decide later whether or not I want to change something...but I won't question them in a way to put their idea down...thats in person....on here ITS A FREE FOR ALL.

It's called jockeying for position on the board, letting everyone know what you know.....you can't even post a pic on this board without it being critiqued to death.....it really is no fun.

At the quarry I dive at, I see plenty of students with dangling hoses, etc etc.....I dont say anything to them, unless they are in my immediate group, although last week I saw a guy whos tank was about to fall out of his tank strap..I walked atleast 50 yards to let him know and the dude didnt even thank me...SOME PEOPLES CHILDREN!!!

Ok, now I'm babbling...

Bottomline...the more popular people on this board are very helpful and don't feel the need to cause problems on the net...they are nice people! The trouble makers on this board hide behind the net to post their true feelings about certain topics...the majority of these people would not act like this in person, they would think the same way, but would not be vocal about. Then the remaining troublemakers would act like this in person and therefore are scum on the net and in person...those are the worst. I can name one member who would be like this, although I haven't seen him around lately....anyway...

I'm beyond babbling....

No power outage in Chicago yesterday.

The board has been a wealth of information for me. I've only been diving for several years and have something over 50 dives to date. I am land locked in OK and don't lake dive so anytime I can get a diving fix I do it. Getting ready to look into getting my cavern done so I can enroll in cave but I'm going to have to get used to diving non-tropical environments.........

I need to just win the lottery and move to an island with a compressor.............or take one with me better yet. I would hang out in the dive shops but they all suck. Wish I were coast side to be able to enjoy this outstanding hobby more.

Thanks for all the entertainment you guys.

Jep once bubbled...
Bottomline...the more popular people on this board are very helpful and don't feel the need to cause problems on the net...they are nice people!

That was nice of you to say! I'm flattered. :wink:

jepuskar once bubbled...
You aint gonna find that here...trust me.
Heyheyhey! Should I be offended by that? :eek:ut:

I wandered in because I was procrastinating at work, and have been logging in way more than I should cause I am SO BORED WITH MY JOB!
*sigh*

time to get back to work.

Don't let the b@$t@rds get you down.

You sound like your burned out & need a vacation. But weren't you just in Coz. An extra long vacation, if I remember correctly.

I think most of us are here for the reasons 1 thru 3

But remember, this board is a small slice of society. The good, the bad & the ugly.

Now...You need to visualize. Close your eyes & think about Coz while listening to Black Eyed Peas singing 'Where Is The Love'

p.s. I loved the picture of your new book

I'm ok Kat!

Things are going really well.....not burned out at all. Having a great time with my new gear setup, my job is going well, my personal life is going well, I'm not trolling anymore...LIFE IS GOOD!

Going to Bonaire in about 4 or so weeks....diving all this weekend at the quarry...so, yeah I'm doing great.

How bout you? HOW YOU DOIN?

Jason

jepuskar once bubbled...

Going to Bonaire in about 4 or so weeks....diving all this weekend at the quarry...so, yeah I'm doing great.
Jason

Need dive buddies? :D R

So much to learn and so few opportunities!

If you can't do the real thing then get it from a book or the net :D

1, 2, and 3...... and it's 3 hours to the nearest water that you can actually see more than a few inches... I'm at work... people look at me funny if I walk around in my wetsuit at work.... I am wearing my ankle weights right now.... is that a bad thing?:)

It's 10 1/2 months until I get into salt water again..... this place really helps pass the time.

Back
Top Bottom