I think the Fates are after me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay, as you guys know, I fell back in June and tore the quadracept tendon in my right leg and had to have knee surgery. That put me out of action for several weeks and I just got back in the water a couple of weeks ago. Well, Fate has hit me again! This past Friday, 9/16/11, my wife, youngest son and I were on our way to an appointment with my doctor when a woman hit my 1986 Chevy Suburban in the left quarter panel like a cop doing the PIT maneuver. My truck was spun around and we rolled three times on I-64/I-77 in Charleston. My wife and son suffered only a few minor cuts and bruises but I have a sprained neck and two broken ribs. Guess who is now completely out of the diving scene for the rest of the year!

I can tell you guys, this really sucks!:depressed:

Last edited:
You rolled? :shocked2: It could've been much worse than what happened, so maybe the fates are actually on your side.:shocked2:

Yes, in a situation like that I would grudgingly have to thank the fates. Seriously, Glad to hear you're OK (at least you're able to type).
Sometimes a little down time helps one to refocus. Perhaps now is the time to begin that scolarly study of the history of the snorkel?
Don't laugh, it will hurt your ribs.

I was supposed to be going with my youngest son for his OW at Circleville, OH next weekend, but that ain't gonna happen, now. He doesn't want to go without me and he told the instructor as much. So the owner of the LDS (an old friend and diving buddy of mine) came up with a solution: For Christmas, he's offered to take us to Florida and Junior can finish his OW there. My friend has a camp in the Crystal River area and we can dive several places around there.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Bill, Crap. Good thing you were in real vehicle and not some little tin can. Have fun in Florida though.

You're right, Jim. The ol' girl was seven thousand pounds of steel and solid American engineering. Gonna have to get another one!:D

On another note, my son loves that Edge Epic I bought from you. I bought it as a gift for him. For over four decades, I've been a staunch fan of Aqua-Lung because of the great combination of price, performance, simplicity and durability. Well, Edge has all that and more. I'll probably be picking up a couple more in the spring.

Ya know, Jim, we're gonna have to get together for some diving next summer. Where would you suggest?

Ouch! I gota agree ya'll are lucky, coulda been worse. I've been there buddy shoulder, knees, elbow ops have all conspired to keep me out of action but hey we're divers! We rise after every descent! Hang in there you can shorkel with the manatees ln a few months.

After rollover:
PIC_0211.jpgPIC_0170.jpgPIC_0238.jpgPIC_0173.jpgPIC_0258.jpgPIC_0174.jpg

First impact site:

Attachments

• PIC_0182.jpg
    PIC_0182.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 206
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom