I think I got a pretty good deal on a valve on ebay.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Florabama

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Bought a brand new Thermo valve for $15.50 plus $8.00 shipping on eBay. This was my first ever purchase on eBay. Is that a pretty good price for this valve?

MrConclusion:
Well, it's cheaper than just about all listed prices.

Since you already bought it, why worry? It was cheap.

Just curious. I can't help but believe that somethings wrong with it. How can you sell a valve for less than 20 bucks.

If you're happy with the price it was a good deal. I learned to stop looking at prices after I buy something. Something cheaper always seems to pop up..... Don't know which Thermo valve you bought, but a lot of the 200 bar DIN/yoke covertible valves are floating around new because people are making doubles out of the PST cylinders they came on. One guy I know built 12 sets of doubles for customers and had 24 valves to sell. Talk about a buyers market........

matt t.:
If you're happy with the price it was a good deal. I learned to stop looking at prices after I buy something. Something cheaper always seems to pop up..... Don't know which Thermo valve you bought, but a lot of the 200 bar DIN/yoke covertible valves are floating around new because people are making doubles out of the PST cylinders they came on. One guy I know built 12 sets of doubles for customers and had 24 valves to sell. Talk about a buyers market........

That explains it. It is a DIN valve and I'm going to have to get an insert to use it on my tank.

Florabama:
That explains it. It is a DIN valve and I'm going to have to get an insert to use it on my tank.

Since this popped up, how are tank valves usually delivered "over there"? Here all yoke tank valves are DIN + fitting. But then I've heard they some places sell Yoke tanks without the fitting, so you can only use yoke 1.sts...

How is it?

TeddyDiver:
Nope! It's a DIN/Yoke valve...

But correct me if I am wrong..you have to have the insert for yoke. If it was sold without the insert then that explains a lot.

TeddyDiver:
Nope! It's a DIN/Yoke valve...

10-4!

crpntr133:
But correct me if I am wrong..you have to have the insert for yoke. If it was sold without the insert then that explains a lot.

It was sold without the insert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom