....I shouldn't ask this here but...nevermind..i was moved :p

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started out with Mares computer but went to Oceanic and haven't missed my Mares one bit. Love love love my Oceanic! Do get a DC that is nitrox capable. Don't get air integrated.
Which Oceanic if you don't mind? And what do you like better? I think I've narrowed down to Oceanic Geo or Mares Pro...
How do they compare by size ?..I have a pretty small wrist

I have one up from the Oceanic Geo. I have small wrists. It's a bit big for me but it's a dive computer, not a watch, so I don't fuss about that. The overhanging strap can be trimmed back but don't get too carried away with the trimming because you may find yourself in a heavier suit at some point and will still want enough strap to safely go around.

That is precisely what i was wondering...the little amount of time I've been under so far..resort course x2 and pool dives for OW, I had way more air than buddy and i think even more than DM...with the type of rec diving i described in original post is that going to be an issue with the Mares...2-3 days of diving in a row with a possible 3rd night dive too, considering the dives in Cozumel?
With the DSAT Oceanic algorithm I can normally run a schedule of morning and afternoons 2 days in a row followed by a single set in the morning and then repeat x 3 for about nine days of diving with an occasional night dive thrown in ( 4.5hrs x 4.5 hrs x 2.25hrs and repeat). I use lots of nitrox but on most dive sites I will drop over the wall to plus 100' for about 5 minutes and then multi level up. This seems to be substainable as far the computer is concerned, if I will get tired I will throttle back some but it is not the DC limiting me.
As to size the A300 and VEO's they are a standard puck size which I like to adapt to a bungee wrist mount from deep sea supply.

That is precisely what i was wondering...the little amount of time I've been under so far..resort course x2 and pool dives for OW, I had way more air than buddy and i think even more than DM...with the type of rec diving i described in original post is that going to be an issue with the Mares...2-3 days of diving in a row with a possible 3rd night dive too, considering the dives in Cozumel?

No, I use the Mares Puck on live-aboards doing 4 dives a day for up to 8 days. This type of diving gives a reasonable surface interval at some point in the day, and particularly over night. In this type of diving we have not needed to end a dive short of the max dive time due to NDL.

With respect to your air consumption, if that is the case, I would expect you are more petite (and you say in you first post "On the more petite size"). My wife uses little air and is also petite, if possible (provided by the operator) she dives with a smaller tank for comfort.

I, like one of the other posters, have provided Pucks for the family all are happy with them. We are all Nitrox certified and the Puck support Nitrox.

image.jpeg

I favor the Geo. I wear a size medium men's glove. It also fits a $4 compass on the band.

I have an oceanic, a few years old, but works very well. I don't believe it was very expensive at all.

Back
Top Bottom