I rolled the dice on a Bare 5/4 online NEED ADVICE Quick

What should I do??

• Loose 10-15 lbs in the next 2 weeks and see if that works?

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Exchange the suit for a XXL but still keep loosing weight on plan

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Spend that 300 for the Henderson and not eat for the weekend.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get out Cheese chees graters and file my body down a few inches.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even going to the gym every day, too rapid of weight loss will lead to muscle loss. If you can have your body fat % checked every week so you can monitor you weight loss. If your loosing 2-3 lbs a week and 1/2 a pound of it turns out to be muscle you're doing okay. I wouldn't want to lose any more muscle than this. Also, I wouldn't keep the calorie restriction too severe for too long a time. Once you can fit into the suit well enough, increase your calories. Instead of actually losing weight, maybe shoot for exchanging fat for muscle. Remember, you can't build muscle while you're losing weight. Build up the muscle and you'll lose more fat. Being as you go to a gym, you probably know everything I said already.

Bill B.

StSomewhere:
You must have missed the part where he said he was going to the gym everyday?

Nope, I saw that and in fact referred to it by way of including diet and exercise in my reply. It's just that this is a huge amount of weight to lose so fast, similar in fact to what fighters lose and they go to the gym everyday and workout to lose it, but in the end they end up dehydrating themselves in order to drop the weight before being weighed. Then they rehydrate and gain back the weight.

That's why the caution, most people I know who lose it that fast also lose fluids and muscle mass. You've got to be careful, normally a doctor is involved when you lose weight quickly because it's dangerous. People have died from it.

The way I saw it, he's lost I think about 2 lbs a day, at any rate over a lb a day. I'd have to go back and look at his first post date to be sure.

I agree with you guys but I will add two things. I have alwarys been this way from from my wrestling days in College. Don't know why.

I live in Colorado so dehydrating is not an option. I drink what most people think is a tremendous amount of water everyday. But I whiped out carbs. No breads, no cookies, no chips. No sodas and kept the carb count below 35-40 per day. Meat and veggies and snacks of many oranges, apples and occasionally grapes. I ate until I was full and quit. Don't get me wrong, I am no Dr. Adkins. Just know my body from a previous life.

The most amazing piece to me is completely laying off any junk or breads. Drink Diet Green tee and water. Eat an orange instead of something else. My protein has been high but the carbs have been all natural only and low. Beats the hell out of starving myself and it seems to be working. I know I will likely plateau in about 10 more pounds or so and from there it will take more of the above and much more exercise.

either way, I am happy and full and not starving. Just a different diet. BTW: At xmas I was 230. This morning I weighed in at 211. Goal is 190. Lets see how long that takes.

That's great, you must be working so hard and have accomplished so much! I give you a lot of credit.

Just my two cents, but as a nutrition minor (not a dietician) I wanted let you be aware that safe weight loss is considered to be 2 lb a week and no more than 10% body weight in 6 months. To successfully keep the weight off, the change in diet needs to be a long term thing, so if you go off the diet it will be too easy to gain the weight back. Sounds like you've got a good motivation to keep it off though :) Starving yourself makes your body want to hold on to every ounce of fat as defense mechanism so it's definitely smart not to do that.

You can obviously do what you want but I just wanted to let you know. Have fun diving, I'm jealous!

Back
Top Bottom