I rolled the dice on a Bare 5/4 online NEED ADVICE Quick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tjmills

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I couldn't find a store here that had one and I wanted another bare suit. I fall well within the stated XL size chart for the Velocity 5/4. Right about the middle on everything but I can't get the back zipped myself. Waste 38, height 5'11", chest 44. Weight 220. Now I have very muscular calves so I adapt there in all suits but the rest of me is just so tight I can't pull up the zipper on my own. Tomorrow night I may have some help but the clock is ticking. It was quite the buzz Kill ....I am FAT!!!! I also have a XXL in a 7mm 2 piece buts it was a little loose in places and I was a little bigger at the time. (up for sale on here now BTW) I didn't have anyone to help me because I was the only one home and I had it out of the box, stripped naked and was slipping it on before the UPS driver even started the truck to leave. (sometimes I am just a 5 year old)

Anyway, dispite the ranging size charts it seems too small for me. Has anyone else had this issue with Bare suits? I really like the quality of the suit over others and bare suits work period.

Please rank your opinion above and provide any advice you might have below. I am diving on the 20th of Jan so I don't have much time to decide.

Anybody else have these problems? Should I send it back for an XXL that will be a little too tall or try and loose another 10 pounds in the next 2 weeks before I have to leave for The Keys? ADVICE REQIRED HERE PLEASE.

BTW: I ordered these from Larry and Joey (Scubatoys) who took great care of me and shipped the suit out FAST. Thanks guys. The will see more business from me in the future. I am forgetting how to type leisurepro.somethign.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom