I posted some photos from the Flower Gardens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great photos fairybasslet, especially of the featherdusters/christmas tree worms!
Slowly saving up so that I can join the u/w photographer brigade :)

Well done!
I thoroughly enjoy them, every one.
Rick
P.S. the rest of your sig line is "and they all stink."

Wow. Thanks guys. I'm speechless. Thanks for your kind words. And from people I don't even really know. On another board I frequent, you kind of know that the compliments are from "friends" and if you aren't a "friend" you don't get a comment, good, bad or indifferent. LOL! And Rick, I took your advice on the sig line. :D

I'll take a run at the ID on the first fish as being either a juvenile cocoa damsel or a juvenile beuregory. It looks closer to the former to me.

The fish that are swimming mid-water are bermuda chub.

Is the coral highlighed in the "coral" picture staghorn?

Love the christmas tree worm pics too. Nice job!

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
I'll take a run at the ID on the first fish as being either a juvenile cocoa damsel or a juvenile beuregory. It looks closer to the former to me.

The fish that are swimming mid-water are bermuda chub.

Is the coral highlighed in the "coral" picture staghorn?

Love the christmas tree worm pics too. Nice job!

TwoBit
Thanks TwoBit. Yeah, I kinda figured out last night that was a juvie cocoa damsel. Not sure about the coral. I guess it's staghorn, but from looking at my book, it could be finger too, but I think finger doesn't grow as big. I really suck at id-ing stuff. Thanks for the Bermuda Chub ID. That even stumped my son, and he's better at this stuff than I am. :D
Oh, and I think they are all ID-ed correctly now. Thanks for everyone's help.

Mission accomplished...almost! I agree your damsel is a 3-Spot, the coloring is all off for a Cocoa, not enough light areas and the 3 spot's spot is more distinct. A couple other corrections I noticed....

1. Long Spinned Sea Urchin....just to be picky!
4. Branching Firecoral, not Staghorn. Staghorhorn has much longer branches and is a different color. If you have Humann's Reef Coral ID book, 2nd Edition, look on page 91 for the staghorn and compare it to the firecoral on pg. 17
7. Juv. Longfin Damselfish. Humann's Fish ID, 3rd Edition, pg. 125

Good Job! :thumb:

Dee:
Mission accomplished...almost! I agree your damsel is a 3-Spot, the coloring is all off for a Cocoa, not enough light areas and the 3 spot's spot is more distinct. A couple other corrections I noticed....

1. Long Spinned Sea Urchin....just to be picky!
4. Branching Firecoral, not Staghorn. Staghorhorn has much longer branches and is a different color. If you have Humann's Reef Coral ID book, 2nd Edition, look on page 91 for the staghorn and compare it to the firecoral on pg. 17
7. Juv. Longfin Damselfish. Humann's Fish ID, 3rd Edition, pg. 125

Good Job! :thumb:

Thanks and I replied to your PM before reading this. So the one I ID-ed as the Cocoa is really the longfin? I have to get that book. I have a little tiny book that I take on trips. It's not really complete.
You know, this is as hard as id-ing birds. Which is why I stopped birdwatching. :D At least with fish, you don't have to id songs too. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom