I paid for a subscription in July....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Max Speed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
...but apparently there are no more paper issues?

I never received a single issue. Is it possible to get a credit or apply my $25 towards back issues or something?

I was in a similar situation and Linda made up for the future issues by giving me access to PDF copies of back issues. I hope they make it right for you as well.
email Linda Bowen at: advdvrmag@aol.com

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

E-Mail bounced back. A prior e-mail to Curt Bowen went unanswered. I checked the address against the one listed on their web site and it checks out so I'm guessing the magazine is completely out of business at this point. Maybe I can get my money money back from PayPal...sigh.

Max, the paper magazine is gone, but Curt is still busily publishing on line. And you are not the only person who has run into the subscription problem, and IIRC, Curt and Linda have offered access to the back, paper issues as an option, or have refunded subscription money in some cases.

I don't know what address you are using for Curt, but if you go to the Advanced Diver Magazine site, Curt's e-mail address is listed as curtbowenadm@gmail.com, and I know that address was good about ten days ago, because I wrote to ask him a question, and got an answer.

Curt's a stand-up guy. He'll make things right for you.

E-Mail bounced back. A prior e-mail to Curt Bowen went unanswered. I checked the address against the one listed on their web site and it checks out so I'm guessing the magazine is completely out of business at this point. Maybe I can get my money money back from PayPal...sigh.

You can try sending him a PM here as well. I know there have been some glitches since the magazine switched to online format, but feel sure they will make it right based on prior responses. Give him a chance before you pursue things with PayPal.

Curt may be off on an assignment ... in which case he may not have access to email.

I've gone on a couple trips with Curt, and he's a very stand-up fellow ... I have every confidence he'll take care of you ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

OK. I'll sit tight for a while (it took me three months to figure out that there were no more paper issues!). I sent an e-Mail to the address listed above. Didn't occur to me that he might be somewhere too remote for e-mail access. Thanks for the encouraging info.

Just rec'd a PM from Curt. It sounds like all will be good in a bit. Apparently his e-mail system is a bit problematic while cave diving.:wink:

Followed instructions in PM. E-Mailed Linda. Rec'd response with request for more info, address etc. Responded with required info. I have heard nothing since November 15.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom