I *need* to dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underwaterpanda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello folks,
quickly introducing myself - I'm a guy from Berlin, Germany and currently working here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I've been diving here before and of course have brought all my gear again.

Problem is, my "standard buddy" just got married on Hawaii and is now away for a full three weeks.
I've got some new equipment (fins, BCD) and would like to get accustomed to it before I do anything more challenging, but I'd be really really really thankful if anyone would agree to take me with them Sunday.

I've got around 120 logged dives, will buy you lunch, and promise not to embarass you with thigh slapping dances in full scuba gear.

I thought about going for a boat ride with Bandito Charters, too (did that before, absolutely awesome), but I'd like to get used to the new gear before I do that.

Thanks in advance - I'm open for pretty much everything!

Getting used to new gear eh? Cove 2 would be a good option. Doesn't matter what the tides are like it's always an easy dive. I'm free sunday 4.1.

Not to mention the vast array of experience people that will be more then willing to help you out ... when I started, I just showed up and asked if I could go along.... not once was I turned down....

laivindil:
Getting used to new gear eh? Cove 2 would be a good option. Doesn't matter what the tides are like it's always an easy dive. I'm free sunday 4.1.

Ah, that sounds fantastic!

Do I correctly assume that with Cove 2 you mean Alki Cove 2?

You are correct. Cove #2 or "the office" is the cove at Alki with the fishing pier and the seafood place.

A great site to dive new gear and new divers.
I usually take my warm water or out of town dive guests there.
You can usually find a few divers from SB there.

sandman98007:
Not to mention the vast array of experience people that will be more then willing to help you out ... when I started, I just showed up and asked if I could go along.... not once was I turned down....
Is that how I got started diving with you?????

Ah great!

What time were you thinking?
I'll try to be there 10-ish, hope that's not too late, but I have to get weights and tanks first.

I'm the tall guy with the shaved head and the Aqualung undergarment, impatiently tapping his foot to get in the water :p

Hope to see you (and potentially other forum members) tomorrow!

Hiya Underwaterpanda.

I'm in Federal Way on business this weekend. I brought all my gear for a dive on Saturday but then couldn't go, and I don't want to go home with a full air tank. :yuck:

Mind if I come along? I'll be the lost-looking guy in the red Subaru wagon.

glenn

Hey Glenn,

well, of course!

As it looks I'll be a little later than 10:00 though, my girlfriend kept me in bed too long, and I need to catch the bus this morning since my car is still in Redmond. So I gotta go back there and then fetch tanks and weights before I can go to Alki.

ETA should be more like 10:45, 11:00.

See you folks later then, I hope!

Ah, real name is Jan, fwiw - and yes, that's a guy's name in Germany (you wouldn't imagine the fun I already had because here it isn't, hah).

I'll be there with my grey Chevy Malibu rental.

See you later!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom