I need Help with filter! Bauer utilus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What materials you put in the filter? Ac and ms?
Pull the clip, take the metal disc and then the first wad. Empty the first half to the next wad on a sheet of paper. Take out the middle wad and empty the second half on another sheet of paper. Take out the top wad and metal disc, the filter is empty. You have what you need on the paper. Mine is all activated carbon. Electric motor. I’ve been breathing the air from it since 1980. You’re breathing worse walking around all day. Probably a lot worse driving in traffic.

Still the same material:
Moleculair Sieve:
View attachment 689323
Active Carbon:
View attachment 689324

The MS takes the last bit of humidity out of the compressed air. The amount of MS needed depends on the flowrate of the compressor.
The AC takes the odours out, and requires absolutely dry air to function. Humidity will deactivate the carbon.

The way to effectively let these filter materials do their job: keep the pressure high. The PMV (pressure maintenance valve) keeps the filter housing at >140bar, even when the connected tank starts with 50bar.
No PMV? Well......filter life declines rapidly and there's a good chance your tank will turn brownish on the inside.

Edit:
those pictures were taken with artificial light from used filter materials. MS should be almost white, AC should be black. Both materials must be kept in airtight containers. Exposure to air degrades the materials.

I am wondering what's the difference between MS And silica for drying?
I know silica the dust is bad,
But what else?
Does MS
hold more moisture?
Can it be dried?
What kind is best for compressors?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom