I need good dive ops on Turneffe Island , Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WarmGoingCold

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need some suggestions from those who have stayed on Turneffe Island in Belize. We are looking for a good dive op who can cater to 5 or 6 divers. We are not interested in sharing a charter with other divers.

If you know of some decent accomidations there as well, that would be great! We are looking to dive in late February.

I stayed at Turneffe Lodge this past August. Keep in mind these two resorts are on two differnet islands encompassing the Turneffe Atoll. You can't go from one to the other.....unless you have a boat. And I doubt Blackbird will run you to the Lodge or vice versa.

The lodge uses skiffs that hold about 10 divers max. As I recall they have 2 for sure, maybe 3.

BTW, the service at Turneffe Lodge can't be beat. I did a trip report on them you may want to search for....but basically they are an operation that all others are compared to.

Also, keep in mind....these are both lazy sleepy places. Once the diving or fishing is done for the day there's not much else to do other than read a book while swinging in a hammock.....which is perfectly fine with me!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom