I need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

red is the first colour to be filtered out by the density of the water, green is its oposite on the colour wheel which is why autolevels puts too much red into the picture - it doesn't understand underwater light. manual levels will save you much more time.

i also think Andy may have a point, do you have some condensation on the lens port, a silica gel bag or 2 will sort that for you. (why does it always say to throw them away on the packet, don't they know how useful they are?)

yes it can be used for a digital camera, ikelite markets the two items together.

Do I just through the silica gel bag in the housing while I take it underwater, or just during storage

Do I just through the silica gel bag in the housing while I take it underwater, or just during storage[/QUOTE]

the atmosphere near the sea is damp so when you set the camera up you trap damp air in the housing, once you get into the cooler sea it condenses which is where the silica gel comes in.

i collect the bags concequently i have a selection of sizes. the larger ones i put in when i store it. the smaller ones i fit in with the camera when i set it up for diving. You must be very careful that it isn't too big & puts a strain on the fastenings creating a strain on the seal.

I have 2 plastic tubs one which has the used ones in it & one which has the fresh dry ones. when i get home (and i'm 40 miles from the sea so despite being in England this summer it's a fairly dry atmosphere) i put the used ones on a plate on top of the oven when it's cooling down to dry them out.

it works for me.

the other thing i do is cover the housing on the boat with a towel, this helps keep the inside from heating up in direct sunlight and making the problem worse.

weekend is only 3 days away hope you get a chance to try it.

Back
Top Bottom