I need a new favorite dive shop.

Best online dive shop?

• Scubatoys

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Dive gear Express

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had good luck with pretty much every retailer everyone's already mentioned so far.

I have used Dive Gear Express, Northeast Scuba Supply, Leisure Pro, Scuba Toys and Dive Right In Scuba as online vendors. I use each site for different types of purchases. And, I have been pleased with all of them. In terms of volume, I probably use DGX more than the others.

Of all the on-line shops mentioned in this thread the only one I’ve used is Dive Gear Express. I believe very strongly in supporting local businesses, and am fortunate enough to have a very large number of dive shops near my home in South Florida. The service that I’ve received from DGE has proven to be nothing short of excellent, and I have every intention of continuing to give them my business. When I order heavy items from DGE, (cylinders, 44 pound kegs of sorb for rebreathers and the like), I opt to pick them up at their shop as I’ve no intention of making an enemy of my local UPS delivery driver. Last June I placed an order for a small item with DGE and opted for in-store pick up simply because I was so eager to use it; a Shearwater Teric.

I would not choose to order items that require a precise fit from an on-line source, (Exposure suits are an example, and masks are another), unless the item is the same make and model of one I wish to replace.

I would not choose to order items that require a precise fit from an on-line source, (Exposure suits are an example, and masks are another), unless the item is the same make and model of one I wish to replace.

Curiously I had to replace my mask recently, with the exact same brand and model. The shop had a range of colours for the mask frame. I tried the new one on with the same frame colour as my original, and the fit was awful. Another one in the same colour - also awful. Every other mask in every other colour fit me perfectly. If I'd ordered that remotely it would have been an expensive mistake

LeisurePro, hand's down. Curious why they weren't included in your poll?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom