I may have a problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCSurfer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was certified in 1976. Dove a little right after certification and then life got in the way of diving (and skiing and travelling and any thing else that required $$$$).

Fast forward to March 2009 when my brother suggests that I come back to visit (S. FL) for the opening of lobster season. I decide to take a course again and finished my certification dives mid July.

Well I just returned from my brother's and now I'm beginning to think I may have a problem. After 4 days/12 dives/44 lobsters(between 3 of us)/a 25" mangrove snapper and a 15" hogfish(both fish speared by my bro), I thinking that I REALLY, REALLY like this scuba/hunting/gathering thing. :D:D:D:D

Even though my brother was complaining about 20' viz, I was quite content with it. My check out dives had 12-15' at best and the instructor was calling that stellar for our area. (I live in NY)

Do I need to look for a support group?

Just call Amex or Visa or.......

Oh what just call them all.:rofl3:

btw welcome one :sblogo:

It all depends what kind of support group you are looking for. If you are looking for a group to help you kick the scuba-addiction, you've come to the wrong place, just us scuba-junkies here!!!!

Safe diving and welcome!! :D :drunks:

No.

You already found it.

Most assuredly, yes!

Back in the UK we used to call them "pubs". In the same manner as your LDS, it should be friendly, safe and above all, well stocked! :D

Welcome back!!

C.

I was certified in 1976. Dove a little right after certification and then life got in the way of diving (and skiing and travelling and any thing else that required $$$$).

Fast forward to March 2009 when my brother suggests that I come back to visit (S. FL) for the opening of lobster season. I decide to take a course again and finished my certification dives mid July.

Well I just returned from my brother's and now I'm beginning to think I may have a problem. After 4 days/12 dives/44 lobsters(between 3 of us)/a 25" mangrove snapper and a 15" hogfish(both fish speared by my bro), I thinking that I REALLY, REALLY like this scuba/hunting/gathering thing. :D:D:D:D

Even though my brother was complaining about 20' viz, I was quite content with it. My check out dives had 12-15' at best and the instructor was calling that stellar for our area. (I live in NY)

Your thread's name is "I may have a problem"...but I literally don't see it!!! Welcome to the club! I use to live in Jersey five years ago and I know how cold and low on visibility those waters can be but hey if you seem to find it great go for it man! Let me know how diving is there, I may go back to try it sometime.

Hello!

My name is Iztok and I am a newly found scubaholic! I've been/dry sober for hm... 4 days but I plan to get to dive tonight and this weekend... Then I guess I'll be ok until next Thursday... and so on :)

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom