I love the OrcaTorch DC710 Dive Light USB-C Charging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving loved man

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The OrcaTorch DC710 charging is different: there is no need to open the DC710 dive light for charging. The USB C charging connection is hidden under a 3 cm broad ring on the outside of the DC710. When rotating that ring counter clockwise, it will move downward and reveal the USB C port. Above the port, there are two O-rings to protect it from water, one of which has a deliberately chosen red color: just to make sure that the ring is closed before entering the water. Keeping the USB C port dry asks for a bit more attention by the diver, but if you are careful with your equipment, that should not be an issue.

1724742175601.png

1724742212331.png

1724742237474.png

I've seen these and had a few people ask about them. I hope it works out, I am a skeptic about the longevity.

I haven't heard anything bad yet, and no news is good news.

I’ve been using one since they first came out, I don’t see it as a great improvement over just opening the light, it is easier, but it comes with the same risk and the supplied battery is also usb/c direct charge.

The 710 is an ideal light with its compact size, the direct charge on is only slightly longer.

I’ve been using one since they first came out, I don’t see it as a great improvement over just opening the light, it is easier, but it comes with the same risk and the supplied battery is also usb/c direct charge.

The 710 is an ideal light with its compact size, the direct charge on is only slightly longer.
I really like the 710, I just can't recommend the direct charge version just yet. I'd like to see them in use for a year or even more. The original 710 (along with every other twist off top / change battery) is pretty tried and true.

I just had a local dive safety team pick up a bunch of 710's. They're very happy with them. The 710 is my 2nd most sold light right under the D630. Very close 2nd.

I have one of these, I really should wait until I sell it before I say this, but I don't trust that cover. Unless the cover is just a dust cover, that means that there should be a another o-ring(s) on the other end of the port cover and as far as I can tell there is no way to change them. Heck even changing that one is iffy as you have to make sure you get it over some sharp parts without getting nicked.

That being said, that isn't the reason why I am going to be selling it.

I have one of these, I really should wait until I sell it before I say this, but I don't trust that cover. Unless the cover is just a dust cover, that means that there should be a another o-ring(s) on the other end of the port cover and as far as I can tell there is no way to change them. Heck even changing that one is iffy as you have to make sure you get it over some sharp parts without getting nicked.

That being said, that isn't the reason why I am going to be selling it.
My 1st thought was it's kind of gimmicky.

Like... awesome that you can do that, but what about the longevity?

My 1st thought was it's kind of gimmicky.

Like... awesome that you can do that, but what about the longevity?
It is a little bit of a gimmick but one with a purpose, I like that it can serve as a charger for spare batteries that don’t have the self charge built in (I’m pretty much using only 21700 batteries now so it makes for a nice travel option.

Dollar for dollar the DGX is hard to beat but it’s bigger head makes it less easy to secure to webbing but only a little.
IMG_7103.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom