I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My H&K P30 has a double stack 15 rnd magazine. If I put that much lead out and still haven't stopped the bad guy something is seriously wrong. I do think the .45 with double the lead has a pretty good chance of stopping a bad guy. The Kimber I have is easier to carry concealed. If it was strictly to carry concealed I think the Ruger LC9 my wife has is a great choice. The .40 seems like a good compromise. I set out to keep things simple with 1 caliber but somehow it has mushroomed into much more than that. I know I have a lot to learn about this gun stuff but damn, just owning one makes me happy.

My H&K P30 has a double stack 15 rnd magazine. If I put that much lead out and still haven't stopped the bad guy something is seriously wrong.
You might be surprised at how quickly things can evolve, and how things may turn out in a stressful situation. Thankfully, it's rare that the average person may find themselves in such a situation.

I am thankful every day that I have not been in a position that I am forced to make such a decision.

I have had guns around my whole life. It is a recent fascination with pistols that seems to fuel my want to own more. Rifles and shotguns are nice but there is something about a pistol that I just can't explain.
You might be surprised at how quickly things can evolve, and how things may turn out in a stressful situation. Thankfully, it's rare that the average person may find themselves in such a situation.

photo9mm.JPG

My H&K P30:D

Last edited:
I have an XDM .40 in both the 4.5" and 3.8" barrels. The 3.8" is great for concealed carry, but there are times when I'd like to have something just a bit smaller and more concealable. I really want to keep all of them in the same caliber and family so that all the features and controls are the same across the board.

I shot my brothers XD, not sure of the exact model except it was full size 9mm. You pull the trigger and hardly notice the thing fired. It's smooth!

---------- Post added October 10th, 2013 at 04:57 AM ----------

I suppose that's supposed to compete with the other micro 9's like Beretta's BU9 Nano? Not sure I'm in love with the extended magazine in a weapon that's supposed to be small.

The Shield dusts the nano. There is no competition.

Hockey, is that thing the same size as the Glock 27? I can't tell from the picture. Looks nice, though.

I'm with D on the pistol thing. I am fascinated with wheel guns but resist buying because I would not carry and rarely shoot. I prefer the feel and profile of the semi auto for carry and shooting. But pulling the hammer back on a well built revolver, hearing that special sound, feeling the life in the mechanism working together, is special.

CD, we decided to standardize on the Glock .40 cal for the same reasons. I still have one H&K USP 40 but I really like the simplicity of the Glock to work on. Plus my son in law is in law enforcement and is a Glock armorer.

I compromised on the handgun caliber wars by owning several examples .45lc, .45acp, .44, .40sw, 9mm, .357/.38, 9x18 makarov, .327,.32acp., 7.62 nagant .22mag, .22lr, l, s. Carry piece is rotated depending on mood, dress, occasion, activity. Yes it is a pain to stock ammo but pretty much can find something to shoot no matter what. I also reload so that makes it easier.

I try to be non-discriminatory with firearms, I love them in all of their shapes and sizes. Favorites fluctuate depending on my mood, time of year, which way the wind is blowing ect. Currently my favorites are rifles but I could be on a handgun or shotgun kick tomorrow.

Recoil therapy is one of the best stress relievers I know of, I can be persuaded to go shooting at almost any time and any weather (with the exception of rain, I HATE rain).

I also have a couple crossbows and a compound that my wife just got me for our anniversary, those I can shoot in the backyard, not quite the same as a firearm but good for a quick fix after a bad day at work.

Haters gonna hate. :shakehead:

SHHHHHH you will get me banned!

Opps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom