i know it dumb and been asked...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstone3769

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Scubapro Pro QD+...what accesories do i need to do twin tanks, i know i could get a hard pack but i'm not ready to ditch my BC.

If you have a specific question, we might be able to help you. However, the broad scope of your question leads me to believe that you might need to seek further training before attempting this on your own or through the internet. There are many instructos and LDS' with instructors out there that would be able to tailor the equipment you need to your type of diving. Good luck!

The Doc is right.

I have just done my first two pool sessions with doubles - it isn't the same. Doubles make you work harder, they affect your bouyancy, they make swimming on your side REALLY interesting.

And if you are diving with doubles all you get is extra time - which just might push you over your NDL!

If you need more air, just get a bigger single unless you want technical diving - then take the course!

just my .02

i know it will increse the dive time and possibly go into the deco time...I use way too much air, I'm not worried about accidently going out of the no deco limits. I use nitrox and was wondering how much it would cost to do twin 72's which is not that much more air than i already have with my 120...just needed some kind of price before i went for the class

can be had pretty cheap. I once got a set with an old one hole manifold that cost me $100. Turned out that whoever put the VIP sticker on them probably didn't really do a vip, cause they were nasty inside. I tumbled them and cleaned them up and use them all the time. I got 7 of them virtually free another time, I just had to get them Vipd. One needed hydro, passed with a +. I use them all the time too.

If you find any, try to find some with a standard 3/4" thread in the top, not the old 1/2". It's too hard to find valves.

By the way, the training advice is good advice. But, doubles will give you some more time.

Back
Top Bottom