I just took GUE Fundies, and I am making some major changes ! :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazingly, Dan was able to fin all over the place on a Palm Beach reef today with Al80's and jet fins. Oh, also with a camera in tow. He's hooked! :)

Thanks Dan. So are you giving up the big fins and gonna go back to jet fins now?
I will not toss out the big fins....there are still dives I will go on where I know that the primary mission will be cruising and distance covered...sometimes this will be scooter diving, sometimes it will be with the DiveR's.
On dives where I know that I will have to stop and hold still alot, and this relates to the goal of the dive, then I'll use the Jet fins...though I just had a pair of DiveR's show up that are aimed by diveR at being DIR or GUE capable....they are much stiffer than my long blades, are meant to be shortened to the length that I want for motionless operation or exploration level penetrations. I will try to use them soon, but they need to be glued to some Riffe silent hunter foot pockets, and the glue for this sets over about 4 days I think...So it may be over a week till I can try these ..and then settle on the right length. They will be very high tech :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom