I just joined the Stanley 50 gallon club.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw these Husky units while searching, and they look solid, but I think it was these that some reviewers said had much smaller usable inner space than they appeared to have. Will this ^ one hold a full (but minimal) set of gear (7mm one-piece, jacket-style BC, reg, mask in case, and full-foot fins) ? I'm thinking that might be tough.

For the same price, about $50 from Home Depot, the bigger 50 gallon box fits 2 full sets of gear (both mine and my wife’s) including 2 drysuits and undergarments, 2 backplates and wings, 4 masks in cases, 2 pairs jet fins, tool box, lights, etc.

I understand the pool dives....but how do you folks store these things on a daily dive charter? the ones I've seen have been seriously in the way of everybody else.

We only use it for beach diving and ferry trips to the Avalon Dive Park. When on charter boats we each load our miscellaneous gear (masks, lights, gloves, hoods, weights, lights, computer, etc) from the larger husky box into small milk crates that fit under the bench. And our harness, wings and regs are put together on the tanks and put in our dive stations. The BIG box is left in the car till we get back so that we can throw all the wet gear in it and drive home.

We only use it for beach diving and ferry trips to the Avalon Dive Park. When on charter boats we each load our miscellaneous gear (masks, lights, gloves, hoods, weights, lights, computer, etc) from the larger husky box into small milk crates that fit under the bench. And our harness, wings and regs are put together on the tanks and put in our dive stations. The BIG box is left in the car till we get back so that we can throw all the wet gear in it and drive home.
I wish everybody was as considerate!

I wish everybody was as considerate!
Haha thanks TURSIOPS! I agree though, too many people are not considerate or possibly just obliviou to their surroundings and lug massive bags and boxes on charter boats.

*DISCLAIMER* If reading this thread and considering using large dive boxes and bags, have a smaller alternative for smaller charter boats with limited space.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom