I just have to post this.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I hope no one minds this personal post. I'm such a proud mom right now.
My boys Jordan 17, and Jesse, 13 have started their scuba lessons. Jesse, came home saying, "That was the coolest thing I've ever done in my life".
Out of the mouth of babes.
:sunny:

Congratulation on having such delight. I too have two son's and would love to have them dive with me. Although they are 23 and 25 it could still happen. They have been supportive of my learning and have been interested in all the skills I have been learning. Maybe we will be diving as a family too in the future.

My son was actually the one who got me into diving (he's 15 now). We were in Grand Cayman over Thanksgiving and he wanted to take a resort course. I wound up with a sinus infection and could only snorkel, but he did the course w/ flying colors. He was so inthusiastic that we signed up for a cert. course in January and did our OW in April in Nevis.

He's so inthusiastic that we are now getting ready for drysuit and Nitrox lessons. The drysuit is for our Michigan environment-a requirement if you want to dive year 'round.

My son and I have our difficult moments together as any parent with a teenager, but never while diving. It's brought us very close together and I am very confident of his skills. I highly recommend this great sport for parent child bonding-at any age.

Hey there Natasha-it's your ole' pal, scubadweeb! It was great to read about your sons - my hubby had both of his children certified when they turned 14 & now it's a family affair. The three of them take a dive vacation once a year and as they have grown older (both are in their 20's now) it's become a real tradition. Good for you & your sons!

Great that the boys are enjoying their class. My youngest son got certified ten years before I did and I sure regret that time lost.

We dive together every chance we get and consider that time special.

congrats!

no kids but i got my 3 year old nephew snorkaling already bidding my time till he's ready for the tank

Back
Top Bottom