I just have to let you all know( PADI Seal Team)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
My son Alexander (age 8 5/6) today September 29th at 7:30pm local time finished his required criteria and is now considered a PADI MASTER Seal Team member.

I have given him hugs, and will this next week let him pick out his own pair of preformance fins(large), blue in color, and a pair of boots to go with them until he out grows em

We will still snorkel together at the local lakes but I can't wait until I can take him on a trip and dive.

I'm glad that Alex can do more than the BubbleMaker's and there is a way to give him a nice long introduction to real world diving.

PROUD FATHER

to Alex !!!

You must be sooo proud Fishkiller! Wish him luck for his Masters....we'll be cheering him on!!!

I know this gets away from the original intent of your post, but what do they charge for Seal Team in your area, and what area is it. Please explain the pricing structure. Our PADI sales rep wants us to charge a ton for the program, but we are looking for a more reasonable pricing structure.

Also, do they charge by Aquamission or for hte whole program.

Thanks for your help

To answer your questions

When I first read about the Seal team I asked around to several shops, here in the MESA ARIZONA area, the most common answer was "we don't have a kids instructor" but yet they have "Bubblemakers"..

Then we asked this shop El Mar who by the way has a pool onsite the only shop around that does

I asked them how much that they would charge? ALex was charged 5$ per Aquamission and he did two each time. There were atleast 6 kids each session. ALex was the first offical Seal Team member at the shop, I didn't ask about who was the first MASTER.

The owner said that "this summer the seal team probly would loose money but the kids enjoy it so much"

Next year there will be a set price $179 for the SEAL TEAM
or 15 for each Aquamission, the same as for a BubbleMaker session

anymore? just ask

Congrats to Alex, FK! You must be so happy... it will be great for the two of you to go on your first OW dive together... any plans for that yet?

Thank you all for your kind words, I can't wait to see the expression on his face when he reads your posts.

As Alexander is almost 9 we will open water Dive together after he completes his JR diver program in 15 months,,dang and you thought the minimum SI was tough.

Congrats Fishkiller! I can't wait until my little 1-year old can join his mother and me under the waves. Alex is a lucky "SEAL" to have a dad that encourages his interests.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom