I hope I'm wrong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duckman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here's an interesting one. A member in training on my PSD team approched a director of my team with a concern in regards to his dry suit collar being much too large thus causing him to take-in water. The response was " just use a piece of webbing or such and tie it around your neck!". Now, I have just been informed of this and I am searching my resources to find out if this is acceptable practice in industry or if there is a piece of equipment designed for this task...before I approach the director in question. I would appreciate any and all "informed" comments on this situation, as I am sure you can all appreciate the delicate nature of my problem. :confused:

Duckman

With a comment like that he needs the problem suit stuffed where the sun doesn't shine and he can hold it there with some webbing.

If he wasn’t joking he needs to be replaced.

Gary D.

Better get that clarified to make sure hen wasn't joking. If he wasn't and it happened on our team, I'm sure it would go further up the chain until the neck seal was replaced.

Thanks for the info Bridgediver. The size difference we are looking at is about 3 inches, I doubt this item will compensate for such a large difference.

Duckman

I agree with you guys as well Gary and Leam. I was amazed that this type of information would be given out, which is why I turned to people like you to get an idea of what could have been meant. I will approch the director very shortly, with an informed mind.

Duckman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom