I heard today is star wars day did anyone do anything

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[QUOTE="Kimela, post: 9000241, member: 488528" I can remember, very clearly, seeing the first movie in the theatre (the Esquire in Clayton - for anyone in St Louis) back in 1977. I can't believe it was that long ago ... in a galaxy far, far away ... wow.[/QUOTE]

Is the Esquire still there? I was born two blocks away, went to high school 3 miles from there, and college one mile away.

I introduced my Filipina wifey to the original films (Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi).

I know people often debate about watching them in release date order or story-line order, but I felt it prudent to introduce her to the films that started it all. She's now interested in the story, so we will start watching from Episode I, in story-line order. I figure one movie per night while we are still under quarantine order here in Manila.
We introduced the daughter, 7 y/o, to the movies in release order. Afterwards we went back and watched them all in chronological order.

There are things you can link together better that way, I think.

It also makes you realize how much better the newest cgi techniques are compared to even 10 years ago.

We introduced the daughter, 7 y/o, to the movies in release order. Afterwards we went back and watched them all in chronological order.

There are things you can link together better that way, I think.

It also makes you realize how much better the newest cgi techniques are compared to even 10 years ago.

Oh I totally agree! Seeing them in release order (while sometimes confusing) really does show how the story telling has developed (for better or worse :ahem: Disney :ahem: ).

But honestly, since I've seen them all in release order (no, I'm not old enough to have seen Eps IV-VI in theaters), we will now go in story-line order. Just finished Episode I (yeah yeah, I know it kinda sucks, but hey, Jar-Jar and the pod racing is at least entertaining) and she enjoyed it. Now she'll get to see the real Star Wars take place.....

Oh I totally agree! Seeing them in release order (while sometimes confusing) really does show how the story telling has developed (for better or worse :ahem: Disney :ahem:).

But honestly, since I've seen them all in release order (no, I'm not old enough to have seen Eps IV-VI in theaters), we will now go in story-line order. Just finished Episode I (yeah yeah, I know it kinda sucks, but hey, Jar-Jar and the pod racing is at least entertaining) and she enjoyed it. How she'll get to see the real Star Wars take place.....
Anikan pod racing was the only good part of that movie

The kid loved Anikan, until she realized who he became.

The other way episode 1 is important to the story is it shows how Palpatine rose to power, getting himself appointed as grand chancellor.

The other way episode 1 is important to the story is it shows how Palpatine rose to power, getting himself appointed as grand chancellor.
as an expert, i say - meh.

:rofl3:

Is the Esquire still there? I was born two blocks away, went to high school 3 miles from there, and college one mile away.

I had to look it up - I live in Arnold (moving to High Ridge) so it's not my stomping grounds anymore. But it looks like it's still open! That was a fun area back in the day. :)

Well I watched episodes in canonical order from 1-9. By far the worst of the films was episode 8 hands down. I must be one of the few that like the prequels as episode 3 is my favorite followed by Rogue One. However the fact that Maul returns probably means that Episode 1 wasnt the best written.

I think Solo would have done much better in the box office if the disaster of episode 8 wasn't still on everyone's mind. Rise Of Skywalker was good it's in my top 5. I would love to see a stand alone Sidious/ Plagueis film.

I thought the Clone Wars was just going to be a silly kids show, but I was pleasantly surprised and at moments it really had me at the edge of my seat.

I have not watched rebels yet, but I enjoyed the Mandalorian.

Rebels was good

8 was the worst, took me so long to watch 9 because of that. I only watched it because it showed up for free on Disney plus. Next worst was 1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom